Thursday, February 3, 2022

The impact of color on website appeal

I have finally found the right websites for my research in my planning stage. I went through the Phoenix College library resources, but all the good articles are locked like always. I found them available on other sites, and now I am glad I have the articles. The most interesting article based on website appeal is about the impact of website appeal and users' cognitive processes. Choosing the right color palette is important to make the website aesthetically pleasing based on the audience. People are more likely to visit more aesthetically pleasing websites. This is crucial because, in the first few seconds of the user visiting the website, the visitors will quickly leave if it is not aesthetically pleasing (Bonnardel et al., 2010). The research article mentions that visitors consist of cognition and emotion and that both of these factors impact each other and tasks completed by the visitors (Bonnardel et al., 2010). I conclude that visitors will either leave or keep reading from the color choices. This is interesting because I do not think of color as a major factor but more so the layout, and it turns out they are both equally important. The research presented users with different colored websites, given tasks to complete on the same computer in the same place, and found that color determines the length of the visit and if the user retained the information (Bonnardel et al., 2010). In our case, we need Batmon users to retain the information behind the importance of bats.

Information retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.displa.2010.12.002


Image from https://doi.org/10.1016/j.displa.2010.12.002 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Two Weeks and End of STEM/TRAIN

 We have finally reached the end of the semester. I loved seeing everyone's presentations; it is interesting to see our different intere...