Thursday, March 3, 2022

Rephrasing Research Question and SEO

I was able to rephrase my research question, and Josh helped me narrow down my research topic to where I can still use the research articles I have already gathered so far. Josh also helped me find some research articles because he has a talent for keywords. Once again, search engine optimization is emphasized while researching this project. I seek to answer why a website is so important to have a great SEO ranking? From what I have read about search engine optimization, the answer is to increase website traffic; the website must have the correct SEO methods to have a higher rank on tons of websites. Research shows a large percentage of website traffic comes from search engines. In addition to great SEO rankings, the website must also have these major components: Usability, Accessibility, and social media to promote websites. 


Information and image from: https://ibimapublishing.com/articles/JIEBS/2016/969476/969476.pdf 


In my CIS233DA Internet/Web Development, we have learned that usability and accessibility are CRUCIAL for websites because users will not stay if the site is not intuitive enough. Companies can actually get sued for lack of accessibility. We have also learned that most of the American population has problems with accessibility, such as color contrast, further emphasizing the importance of accessibility. I know I have to find a way to import accessibility features into the website and make it very easy and intuitive to navigate. 

Information from: https://www.teaching-materials.org/accessibility/#/13 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Two Weeks and End of STEM/TRAIN

 We have finally reached the end of the semester. I loved seeing everyone's presentations; it is interesting to see our different intere...