Thursday, March 10, 2022

Accessibility, SEO and Content Optimization

While finding research for my project I found what I believe will be my main 3 factors for the research behind making a website's design competent. The three factors are accessibility, SEO strategy, and content optimization. A website's design must be aesthetically pleasing, have the proper color palette, and it must have accessibility features for individuals with disabilities. While writing and editing my background paper, I found that individuals with disabilities actually use the internet more than those without disabilities. I also found that internationally, a study found that in most countries more than twenty-five percent of the population do not reach adequate literacy to participate fully in society. Hence, the importance of accessibility on web pages should be equally important to the content and functionality. On my own, I see there are a lot of websites that do not have accessibility features, even large companies who have professional websites sometimes tend to lack accessibility features. Below is an image of the workflow that should be followed for designing an accessible website. 

Image and information from: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877050912007934 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Two Weeks and End of STEM/TRAIN

 We have finally reached the end of the semester. I loved seeing everyone's presentations; it is interesting to see our different intere...