Thursday, March 24, 2022

ER and Design

 This week started off bad; I went to the emergency room on Monday and was released that same night. What I have is not serious and the major symptoms that affect me the most should be gone in a week, and the illness will go away on its own, too; it is not COVID, thank goodness. Although it makes me want to hurry up and get better to get my booster shot. I have been very sleepy and woozy from the medicine and antibiotics, so I have taken it slow, but I hate doing nothing. This week I just further planned my design and researched analytics information. This week in my e-commerce class, our chapter included website analytics terms and ways for businesses to use these analytics for their benefit. Specifically, what caught my attention is that I need to focus my research on unique visitors because views and page hits are not the best. The reason views are not the best is because one visitor can view a page or page(s) multiple times, and hits are only HTTP requests, meaning it does not guarantee the visitor stayed for long or their behavior. Also, I learned about algorithms; I was not aware that Google has different algorithms that are put to use, and it is important to be aware of them and manage them for the best search engine marketing results. For example, an algorithm named Panda sought to eliminate low-quality websites from search results. Due to this algorithm, the importance of high-quality, aesthetically pleasing, and great Search engine keywords is crucial to appear in a search engine result. 


Kenneth C. Laudon; Carol Guercio Traver. E-Commerce 2021. Pearson. 

Image from: https://unsplash.com/photos/zhZydTyNMPg

Google logo screengrab

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Two Weeks and End of STEM/TRAIN

 We have finally reached the end of the semester. I loved seeing everyone's presentations; it is interesting to see our different intere...