Thursday, March 31, 2022

First step - Mobile Design

 I have finally been able to start the new website design; I am making it a goal to finish the website before the semester ends, so now I am thinking I might have to use other research articles to do my final project. In my internet/web development II class, my teacher taught us to begin with the mobile design first as most users today use mobile devices. So, this week I have been working on the primary foundation of any web page, the home page, and the mobile design. 

I went with the standard hamburger menu on the top left side because the top-left hamburger menu is very intuitive for individuals in the same class I mentioned. I also placed the logo in the top center of the website, the intuitive or customary placement for logos is the top center or top left, but I found the top left too close to the menu. Lastly, I did finish the footer which mainly needs the basics of every website, including legal, contact information, and the brand.

The mobile design must be intuitive for the user to navigate easily and not be scared off by a complicated or different site. Currently, I decided to go with the traditional black and white colors that the Batmon Logo has a bright blue to add a little color since some color is popular among middle-schoolers websites. Most of the gaming websites I saw for ages middle school and up had black, white, and maybe one color. Also, I am still planning the homepage. I need more images and need to write content for the page. The next step after finishing the home page is designing the other pages. 


Here is the top of the website preview and the menu (menu pages will change): 

 


Here is the bottom footer (not done):





No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Two Weeks and End of STEM/TRAIN

 We have finally reached the end of the semester. I loved seeing everyone's presentations; it is interesting to see our different intere...