Thursday, April 8, 2021

Level Foundation

This week I have taken more time to actually begin the process of establishing the foundation of the level of the game. I already had planned on how it was going to look at the beginning of the game, and I decided that it would begin with the bat flying at night time. I downloaded night sky bat assets and started coding the foundation of the game. I started making the 3 basic game objects that are basically like the foundation of the game, starting with the main focus on appearance. I added the night sky background with some cloud detail. I am still thinking of adding the moon to be visible in the entire game or to be visible only in the beginning. I got the night sky from the free assets I downloaded within the unity asset store; unity is the program we are using for the game. Surprisingly, actually building the foundation takes more time than I thought it would. A LOT of components go into the game, such as how big the actual screen the user will be looking at. We have to input actual dimensions. By today, I input some dimensions of how big the game scene will be, input the background photo, create the code basic test code script that will be run to see if the script is working in the game. I am posting a screenshot of the background photo set into the game below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Two Weeks and End of STEM/TRAIN

 We have finally reached the end of the semester. I loved seeing everyone's presentations; it is interesting to see our different intere...