Thursday, February 24, 2022

Youth Website Appeal

Aside from researching how to bring traffic to a website, I have been really excited to start playing with design elements but the planning process of a website takes a while. I could not resist the curiosity and started researching potential colors for the website. I first started by searching what colors appeal to middle school kids and I saw a lot of brighter colors but not too bright, they were not super bright neon colors. The super bright neon colors appear a little more to younger kids. The audience for the website is middle schoolers and above, and I saw that most gaming websites have black incorporated along with color. I was already thinking of doing this, so this quick research makes me happy that I was correct. This week I have learned that search engine optimization, a phrase that is thrown a lot in website development is crucial to driving traffic. I researched many articles to get an idea of what it is and how I can practice it to master it and bring numerous organic traffic to the website. I really want to get started with the design already but I know planning is essential before designing. As you can see in the picture below this website capcom.com has an image of Disney's castle of illusion game which is rated for ages 9+, along with the age range of middle schoolers, my target audience. The website image of this game has color but it also has a lot of dark elements like the castle and the forest, further supporting my findings that middle schoolers and above color appeal are colors that are not so bright with black or darker colors.  

Image from: https://www.gamingdebugged.com/2013/10/20/five-coolest-mainstream-video-game-studio-websites/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Two Weeks and End of STEM/TRAIN

 We have finally reached the end of the semester. I loved seeing everyone's presentations; it is interesting to see our different intere...